I think slow cooker recipes are my favorite because they are so easy! As long as you have time in the morning to get everything together, it’s nice not to have to do any meal prep at the end of a long day. Tonight for dinner, Josh and I had BBQ Chicken Sandwiches and Waffle Fries. This is a recipe I have used several times, because it’s super delicious!
- 6 all-natural or organic boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 10 oz. all-natural or organic BBQ sauce (I recommend something sweet, like honey BBQ flavor.)
- 1/2 cup all-natural Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup organic brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. all-natural Worcestershire sauce
- All-natural Hamburger Buns (We used all-natural potato rolls.)
1. Place your chicken breasts in the slow cooker.
2. Mix BBQ sauce, Italian dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire together in a large bowl.
3. Pour sauce mixture over your chicken, then push your chicken down so that the sauce is covering it.
4. Cook on High for 3-4 hours or Low for 5-6. I cooked mine on low for 6 hours, breaking up my chicken at hour 5 so that the sauce could soak into all the “pulled” pieces.
As a side, we had Alexia All-Natural Waffle Fries. (I recommend anything from Alexia All-Natural Frozen Foods. They make some great stuff for those nights that you need something you can just pop in the oven.)
I found this recipe at: stickafork.net