This past Sunday we had a Patriotic picnic at church since it’s July 4th week. I made cocoa brownies for it, using all-natural and organic ingredients. I got the recipe from The Goodhousekeeping Cookbook. It was the first recipe I’ve made from my new cookbook, so I was happy to be putting it to good use!
Here’s what I used:
- 1/2 cup organic all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup all-natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted organic butter
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 2 large all-natural eggs
- 1 tsp all-natural vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease your baking dish. I used a 9×13 dish, but I’d recommend using 9×9 if you want thicker brownies.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and kosher salt.
- In a 3-quart saucepan, melt your butter on low heat. Once melted, remove from the heat, and stir in sugar. Stir in your eggs, one at a time, until incorporated. Stir in vanilla. Stir your flour mixture into the sugar mixture until combined.
- Pour your batter into the pan, and spread it evenly into the bottom.
- Bake about 25 minutes. Place pan on wire rack until your brownies are completely cool.
- Cut and enjoy!