Chocolate Banana Bread is by far one my favorite sweet breads, one reason being that bananas are a favorite fruit of mine, another because there’s chocolate, which is amazing in anything! I found this recipe years ago in the Ghirardelli Chocolate Cookbook that I had borrowed from a friend, and I make it on occasion. I just made it again last week, so I thought I’d share the recipe with you.
Here’s what I used:
- 1/2 cup organic unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 2 eggs (all-natural, vegetarian fed, hormone-free)
- 2/3 cup Enjoy Life! Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 3/4 cup organic all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cream butter and sugar together lightly. Mix in eggs. Add chocolate chips, and beat until smooth. Mix in bananas and walnuts.
3. Next, sift flour, with baking soda, baking powder, and kosher salt. Mixing by hand, add dry ingredients all at once, but don’t overmix.
4. Grease the bottom of a 9×5″ loaf pan. Spread batter into pan and bake for 55-60 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes.
I had never used Enjoy Life! chocolate chips, and wasn’t sure what to expect, but I highly recommend them!
I’ve been trying my hand at specialty coffee drinks lately (I need much more practice), but this was great warmed in the morning for breakfast with a cafe mocha, vanilla soy latte or an espresso! It also makes for a delicious snack any time of day by itself or with a cold glass of organic milk. Enjoy!