Last night was a breakfast for dinner kind of night and oh my word, did I discover my new favorite casserole recipe! I’d never made this before, but it’s definitely going on my “make-again” list.
Here’s what I used:
- 5 slices of thick, all-natural, nitrate-free bacon, broken into pieces
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- Garlic Garlic seasoning from Tastefully Simple or you can use 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 8 cage-free, antibiotic-free eggs
- 1 cup organic milk
- 2 cups all-natural, rBGH-free cheese
- 3 cups all-natural frozen diced potatoes (non-GMO)
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 9×13″ baking dish.
- Cook your bacon in the oven on a foil lined baking sheet. Just pop it in when you preheat the oven and it should be done in 15-17 minutes.
- Cook your onion, yellow bell pepper, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, and 1 teaspoon of salt in a skillet over medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- In a separate (large) bowl, beat eggs and whisk in milk. Whisk in your other teaspoon of salt, and the pepper. Stir in frozen potatoes, cheese, bacon and vegetables.
- Pour into your greased baking dish.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
I am not kidding…this was the best! And simple…you know I love that!
I found this recipe at http://www.thekitchn.com